Are you struggling with overcrowded classrooms? Modular classrooms are a superb temporary solution. They are available in just as many shapes and sizes as conventionally built buildings, are reusable and relocatable, and meet or exceed building, safety and occupancy codes.
Today, new technologies and the economic climate have changed how we design student-friendly environments. The antiquated model of welding chairs to desks and locking students in place in rows have gradually gone by the wayside in favor of open, comfortable and flexible spaces that promote better interaction between teachers and students. You can transform your facility into a more flexible learning environment, even with a limited budget.
Why Choose Modular Genius
Modular Genius, located in Joppa, Maryland, has supplied everything from single mobile classrooms to entire school campuses to meet the expansion needs of elementary and high schools, colleges, universities, and trade schools across the country.
We are a turnkey modular building contractor. With an experienced team of designers, engineers, project managers and field superintendents, we are available to serve as general contractor for all aspects of your modular construction process.
Our wide range of services includes architectural renderings, building foundations and site preparation, doors, windows and hardware, masonry, interior and exterior finishing, paving and landscaping, ramps and steps, and other elements that specifically affect schools, such as temperature and sound control and handicapped accessibility.
Advantages of Modular Construction
Modular classrooms offer the following advantages:
- 40% to 50% faster delivery of ready-to-use space
- 20% less expensive than traditional construction
- Definite occupancy date
- Superior durability and quality compared to site-built buildings
- Unlimited number of designs and styles
- Flexible; add classrooms where you need them
- Expandable and relocatable
- Greater efficiency for energy and water usage
- Fire-resistant and mold-resistant
- Can be enhanced with eco-friendly insulation and no-VOC or low-VOC interior wall and floor treatments
- Minimal site preparation required
- Meet or exceed all state and local building codes
Evidence of our expertise with temporary and permanent classrooms and other school buildings includes many Awards of Distinction from the Modular Building Institute for high-quality projects we’ve completed in the past decade. Examples include:
- A complex of 74 connected classroom buildings totaling 55,456 square feet was constructed by Modular Genius to meet the needs of the community of Summersville, WV, to replace their middle school that had served 500+ students but was declared a total loss by FEMA due to water damage sustained in the West Virginia floods of June 2016. This project received a 2018 Award of Distinction from the Modular Building Institute.
- Evergreen Elementary School was originally designed with environmentally friendly features and was awarded LEED “gold” status in October 2010. It was important that new portable expansion classrooms also incorporate green features. Modular Genius utilized custom sized windows to match the innovative school, installed waterless urinals, a white rubber roof to reflect sunlight, and a CS 2000 energy management system to reduce energy consumption. This project received a 2013 Award of Distinction from the Modular Building Institute.
Our modular classrooms are simple to design, straightforward to install, and can be added onto at any time. Start with two single modules, for example, and, when enrollment starts to grow, add two more, converting the singles into standard double-wide classrooms for twice the space.
If you have a vision for your campus but lack the resources to execute it, temporary modular classrooms from Modular Genius can help you overcome this obstacle. Get in touch with us today at 888-420-1113 to explore the possibilities.