Portable Classroom Manufacturer
As a portable classroom and modular building manufacturer, Modular Genius serves school districts across the nation and offers space solutions that will meet your budget, deadline and design challenges.
Statistics from the U.S. Department of Education project that public and private elementary and secondary school enrollment will increase each year through at least fall 2028, when total enrollment is expected to reach 57.4 million students. But, conventional design-bid-build construction can be prohibitively expensive for the majority of school districts.
Modular Genius, headquartered in Joppa, MD, is an award-winning turnkey modular building general contractor with a service-oriented team of designers, engineers and technicians who specialize in design-to-occupancy school buildings that can meet the needs of educational institutions from coast to coast.
Our wide range of services include architectural renderings, building foundations and site preparation, doors, windows and hardware, masonry, interior and exterior finishing, paving and landscaping, ramps and steps, and other elements that specifically affect schools, such as temperature and sound control and handicapped accessibility.
Our portable classrooms are the most cost-effective method of accommodating students. They can also serve as training rooms, libraries, media centers, music rooms, science labs, gymnasiums, bookstores, teacher lounges, and more, and are also ideal for companies in need of employee training centers or call centers.
Why Choose Modular Construction?
During the past few decades, new technologies, the globalization of learning, and the economic climate have changed how we design learning environments.
The outdated model of welding chairs to desks and locking students in place in rows has been gradually replaced by open, comfortable and flexible spaces that promote better interaction between students and their instructors.
The advantages of portable classrooms include:
- Affordable –Budgets are always tight, so knowing the cost up-front will give you peace of mind. Portable classroom prices vary by region and typically range from $50 to more than $200 per square foot depending on grade (base, mid-grade, premium, elite) and whether you opt for wood frame or steel frame construction.
- Fast Occupancy – Many modular construction projects can be manufactured and installed in under 90 days. Site preparation and foundation work are synchronized with the manufacture of modules in the factory, thereby speeding up completion of the project. Because we know exactly how long it will take to construct your classroom or other building, we can give you a definite occupancy date.
- Flexible Designs – Built of steel, concrete and wood, just like conventional buildings, portable classrooms can be designed to blend in aesthetically with existing structures. Façades can be finished in cut stone, brick, stucco, siding, and a range of other finishes.
- Energy Efficient – Energy efficient utilities, eco-friendly insulation, and efficient automated sensors for lighting and heating systems can be installed in modular classrooms to enhance the indoor air quality and environmental friendliness of the structures.
- Disaster Relief – Portable classrooms can be quickly deployed after a fire, flood, earthquake, tornado or other devastating natural disaster to get students back to normal as soon as possible.
Portable classrooms from Modular Genius are not “one-size-fits-all.” We manufacture them in just as many shapes and sizes as conventionally built buildings. Contact us at (888) 420-1113 and let us help you find the ideal solution to your space crunch.